Putting it Off Again? 6 Reasons Why You Do That.
I do not know about you but I can be a terrible procrastinator at times. I have looked at my procrastination habits and tried to reason why I fall into this activity even when I know that it is not serving me well. I wish I could tell you that I have come up with some failsafe quick fix so that you will never procrastinate again but unfortunately this is not the case.
I can however give you a few points for you to consider and there are a few of them so I shall do a couple of posts about beating procrastination and hopefully they will have some value to you.
The first step is to want to beat procrastination and recognize when you are procrastinating. If you are doing any of the following when you have work to complete you are probably procrastinating.
* Cheating on your to do list by rationalizing a lesser task when you should be on a more important task.
* Spending too much time getting ready to do a task and then when you sit down convince yourself that you need to go get yourself a drink and then you’ll really get going.
* Saying yes to any minor distraction and believing you are being useful even though deep down you know you should be working on the more important task.
* Putting the important task off because there will be a better time later on like after lunch or some other reason.
Once you recognize that you are actually procrastinating stop and think about what you are doing. You know that you should be working on the important task but something is making you avoid doing that important work. See if you can identify the why and then look at dealing with that particular why.
Some common why’s that people procrastinate:
1. The task is too big for you
2. You do not know where to start
3. You do not have everything you need
4. You are not motivated or inspired to do it
5. Fear of failure
6. Fear of success
See if you can identify which reason is yours for putting off that task and then watch future posts for how to overcome those reasons. Stick with it because you deserve to be a winner. http://ow.ly/i/FRyzP